Monday 28 May 2012

Elbrus weather not playing nice...

I've been scouring the net for any more updates on summit attempts over the last few weeks, and sadly it seems that most people are being turned around...the team I've been following for a while tried to summit 3 times, but they were turned back by complete whiteout conditions and winds in excess of 80km/h!!

I'm praying that the weather just improves as we get closer to their summer season...luckily we do have some time built in for weather problems, but as they say - anything can happen!

The weather on the lower slopes has been 'lovely' - although I'm not sure what 'lovely' means to people who are used to polar conditions..it could be like minus 10 degrees with continues snow falling for all I know...but here's to being positive!

Adventure Dynamics - Jenny - has just let us know that our Russian Visa's are all ready and that we can collect our passports! That was super quick - just another awesome perk about going with a reputable company!



3 comments:

  1. Two webcams from first and second lift:

    http://elstream.ru/azau/

    http://elstream.ru/krugozor/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome thanks!! The weather looks amazing on those images, lets hope it's a sign of things to come for us all on our summit attempts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My visa got here today. So I guess this is real ;)

    ReplyDelete